Saturday, January 06, 2007

UK Indie Pop circ 1981 and other matters



I've had a selection of early 80s UK indie pop I've been
meaning to post for a while, so I'm going to do it in bits.


First pairing from the glorious world that was Creation records before Oasis took it through the stratosphere (and financial matters brought it crashing back down to earth). It's a fascinating story (ram audio link) - from rags to riches and back again.

Biff Bang Pow were Creation founder Alan McGee's band. I saw them play once in a tiny room in a Cambridge college, and they rocked (or perhaps jangled, loudly)! JCBrouchard was noted as "spiritual advisor" to Alan McGee. I don't pretend to understand what that was about, but I guess it meant a lot at the time.

Cold Heart is possibly the Jasmine Minks' finest moment (although Think comes close).


Enjoy!

No comments: